Come along, come with me. Take a dive in the deep blue sea.

Monday, May 05, 2014


Come along, come with me. Take a dive in the deep blue sea.

Hawaii has been having some pretty moody weather this winter/spring season. Of course every work day was beyond gorgeous outside but literally every weekend/free day I had would be storming all over the ENTIRE island. The type of storm where it just didn't make for ideal conditions to do anything outdoors. It was great at first... the lazy days, movie nights, etc. But then I quickly grew tired of it. I needed to be active and run around. (Ironically, doing absolutely nothing is the most TIRING thing ever haha) I felt like a fish out of water and I needed to get back in. So I did just that. Put the car on drive. Found a perfect spot off the side of the road. Walked to the edge of the cliff and dove right in. With one giant breath, swam as far down as I could and just stayed down there. Then somehow this happened. The entire ocean lit up with shades of blue. Sunshine reached down and hugged me with its warmth. Rays of light illuminated the strands of my hair with a golden glow. And just like that, the ocean woke up so vibrantly and so full of life. Mesmerizing. Absolutely mesmerizing. I soaked up every moment of it playing around in nature's underwater jungle gym and reflecting on how beautiful life under the sea truly is.

I'm so thankful I didn't let the rain stop me today. Just goes to show you... take chances. Take a lot of them. Because honestly, no matter where you end up and with whom, it always ends up just the way it should be.


Freediving tip: Practice taking slow, deep breaths. Try 5 seconds on the inhale and 10-15 seconds or more on the exhale. (WARNING: If you keep the same timing for inhale and exhale, you'll do hyperventilation. This may lead you to blackout.) After you've mastered this, remain still and do it while having someone record your pulse. Practice this until you can hold a pulse of under 80 beats a minute

(San Lorenzo Bikinis Braided Hipster Strap bikini, HammerHead Spearguns Kaudal Freediving Fins, AQA Mantis Mini mask, Hawaii Skin Diver snorkel)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram: @ambah_rose